B

Home Politics Entertenment Lifestyle Sports Business Health Local World Tech

G




Friday 20 January 2012

Pregnant actress Elsa Pataky dashes into the ocean to join husband Chris Hemsworth

The first line of this Mail Online piece on Chris Hemsworth's wife Elsa Pataky seems to answer its own question, since the article goes on to excitedly describe how Pataky "plummeted" down a steep waterslide "just hours after announcing pregnancy."


My god, watersliding during pregnancy. Next thing you know she'll be exercising, taking baths, going outside during a full moon, or raising her hands above her head. OH, THE HUMANITY.


Granted, I don't think I would have chosen to take a trip down that exact sort of slide while I was pregnant (not that I spent a lot of time lounging on luxury yachts in St. Barts), but that's because I'm a giant wuss about water rides. Just looking at it makes me a little woozy, in fact. It's so high there's a freaking helicopter pad next to it! GAH.


Still, I don't think it would be super dangerous to ride that sort of thing when your belly is still small enough to stay out of your way. I'm sure there's a decent impact at the bottom, but it's not like you'd be landing face first. Well, unless you're ME, which is why I avoid any and all activities that combine athleticism and water.


The finger-wagging tone of the article makes me think about how quick we are to judge anything and everything that has the outward appearance of being potentially risky. For instance, lots of people seem to think that physical activity should be avoided during pregnancy, despite guidelines that clearly state otherwise. Activities that are more strenuous than walking are particularly frowned upon—remember the woman who ran the Chicago marathon then immediately went into labor? Man, folks seriously ripped into her for that, saying she was stupid to risk her life and the life of her newborn ... despite the fact that she had a perfectly healthy birth.


Her water indulgence comes after she was pictured taking a wild ride down a waterside the day before.
Her husband Chris seemed to be proud of his wife's daring behaviour, as he snapped photos of her taking the steep plunge.
After climbing out of the water in a black bikini, the Fast Five actress once again put her hands on her stomach in a protective hold..


The actress confirmed the news in the latest issue Hola! magazine, saying, 'Chris and I are ecstatic, very happy and excited.'
Elsa insists they don't care what sex their baby is, as long as its healthy.
'Since it's our first child, we don't care if it's a boy or a girl, our only wish is that it's healthy,' she said.


Chris, 28, who will reprise his role as superhero Thor in Thor 2 May 4, also better say a small prayer that his Spanish rapidly improves.
'I'm only going to speak to the baby in Spanish. I already told my husband, 'Get ready fast with Spanish because, if not, you're not going to be able to understand what we say,' she joked.
Although she most likely has a model's metabolism, the stunner swears her eating habits have gotten progressively worse throughout her pregnancy.


Everything healthy I used to like, I now don't like. All of a sudden, the only things that sound good to me are all the sweets in the world, hamburgers, and french fries,' she revealed.
'I have never eaten popcorn, and with the pregnancy, I eat it all the time.'
She also lovingly admitted that she and Hemsworth have been basking in newlywed bliss since tying the knot in December 2010; the baby could be evidence of their happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment